Participate online in the European Conference on Rare Diseases & Orphan Products 2020 (14-15 May)Апрель 2020
The European Conference on Rare Diseases & Orphan Products (ECRD) 2020 will now take place uniquely online from 14-15 May, just four weeks from today!
Recognised globally as the largest, patient-led rare disease event, the ECRD will take place via an interactive online platform and is open to everyone, wherever you are in the world.
Registration rates have been adapted to reflect the new fully online format of the event.
Be part of the global rare disease community at ECRD 2020 and shape the future for people living with a rare disease!
Why attend ECRD 2020 online?
ECRD 2020 is an unrivalled opportunity to network and exchange invaluable knowledge with all stakeholders in the rare disease community from over 50 countries around the world — patient representatives, policy makers, researchers, clinicians, industry representatives, payers and regulators. The ECRD brings together over 800 participants from 50 countries.
As the EU shapes its future policy and spending frameworks for the coming decade, ECRD 2020 serves as an opportunity to co-create policy options today that can lead to a better patient journey for the years ahead.
People living with a rare disease have the right to reach their highest potential of well-being. Join ECRD 2020 online to take part in discussions to inform and build the future ecosystem for rare disease policies and services.
An interactive online experience
EURORDIS, ECRD co-organiser Orphanet and ECRD partners are building a unique and engaging online experience:
- Using the online platform, you can participate in the ECRD from the safety and comfort of your own home. The health and safety of all stakeholders participating in ECRD is our primary concern.
- Direct from your desk — participate in sessions run by experts built around a fully developed programme with six themes. Over 100 speakers will lead online, interactive sessions and be available to answer questions.
- Registration fees have been revised to make it easier for you and more people in your organisation or company to participate. A great opportunity for your friends, families and colleagues currently working from home to still be able to participate in an event, connect with and be part of the rare disease community.
Features of ECRD 2020 online:
- A more flexible conference for you! You will now be able to switch between parallel sessions and access recordings of all sessions for up to one year after the conference.
- The online platform allows online networking opportunities with speakers and fellow conference participants.
- Access the ECRD posters and exhibition stands online.
- Use interactive games and quizzes to make connecting from your home or office more fun.
The journey of living with a rare disease in 2030
The rare disease community has made great strides towards improving diagnosis, care and treatment for people living with a rare disease in recent decades, but without vigilance and constant effort, progress can easily be reversed.
The health of 30 million people living with a rare disease in Europe should not be left to luck or chance. The ECRD 2020 theme “The journey of living with a rare disease in 2030” recognises that the next decade holds great potential for improvement and that while we cannot predict the future, we all have a role in preparing for it.
We hope that more of you will join us at ECRD 2020 to help build even more impactful outcomes and build the future rare disease patient journey!
For any questions regarding ECRD 2020 contact Martina Bergna, EURORDIS Events Manager: email@example.com.
- All timings advertised in the ECRD programme are CEST (Central European Summer Time).
- If you have already registered prior to the change in event format, you do not need to re-register. Check your inbox for information from firstname.lastname@example.org regarding reimbursement of the difference in registration costs.
- For EURORDIS members: The EURORDIS Annual General Assembly (AGA) will now also take place online on 13 May, prior to ECRD 2020. You can register to attend the General Assembly as part of your registration for ECRD. For any questions regarding the AGA contact Anja Helm, Senior Manager of Relations with Patient Organisations: email@example.com.
Eva Bearryman, Communications Manager, EURORDIS