29th EURORDIS Round Table of Companies Workshop : How to teach an old medicine new tricks – The importance of repurposing medicines for patientsOctober 2023
Wednesday, 19 February 2020 (09.00 to 17.30)
The Crowne Plaza – Le Palace, Brussels
Rue Gineste 3
* This document is password protected.
This workshop provides valuable information to its participants with the following objectives:
- Build on existing repurposing efforts and discuss innovative platforms to boost re-purposing research
- Understand the STAMP initiative on re-purposing and it’s potential benefits for rare disease patients
- Understand the opportunity for companies to increase their portfolio of products while also helping to reduce costs and facilitate access to rare disease products
- Explain the potential for academia, patient organisations and healthcare companies to work more collaboratively together to discover the opportunities for re-purposing products for rare diseases
- Explore how academia and patient organisations can find research funding to pursue re-purposing for rare diseases
- Understand the positive impact for rare disease patients if companies open their library of compounds to academics
- Learn how patient organisations could facilitate the repurposing process
– The use or generation of biomedical data and existing medicines to discover and establish new treatments for patients with rare diseases – recommendations of the IRDiRC Data Mining and Repurposing Task Force
Please send any questions concerning registration to Martina Bergna at: email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you to the EURORDIS Round Table of Companies.