Meet the Board of EURORDIS-Rare Diseases EuropeNovember 2022
- Read our press release (28 November 2022): EURORDIS-Rare Diseases Europe announces a new leadership team for its next decade strategy
On 25-26 November 2022, EURORDIS-Rare Diseases Europe elected a new Board of Officers.
Avril Daly, who had been EURORDIS Vice-President and Acting President since June 2022, became the new President of EURORDIS, as Terkel Andersen stepped down to take on the position of Immediate Past President within our Board of Directors.
Maria Montefusco and Dorica Dan were also elected as Vice-Presidents, while Geske Wehr, Simona Bellagambi and Alain Cornet were elected to the positions of General Secretary, Deputy General Secretary and Treasurer respectively.
Anna Arellanesová, Elizabeth Vroom, Simona Bellagambi, Birthe Byskov Holm, Alexandre Méjat, Rebecca Tvedt Skarberg and Kirsten Johnson also continue to serve on our Board of Directors.
Each of our Board members is either a person who lives with a rare disease or a close family member of someone who does, or an engaged volunteer.
But what have their unique experiences been with rare diseases over their careers and lifetimes? What are their areas of expertise? And how do they hope to see EURORDIS grow and champion Europe’s rare disease community of the years to come?
Keep an eye on our Meet the Board interview series, as we hear from each of our Board members. Our Board members share with us how they first got into rare disease advocacy, and what motivates them to support and guide EURORDIS’ efforts to successfully achieve its strategic goals for 2022-2030.
- Meet the Board: Avril Daly & Terkel Andersen, our President and Immediate Past President
- Meet the Board: Maria Montefusco and Dorica Dan, our Vice-Presidents
- Meet the Board: Geske Wehr, Simona Bellagambi and Alain Cornet, our General Secretary, Deputy General Secretary and Treasurer
- Meet the Board: Kirsten Johnson & Anna Arellanesová
- Meet the Board: Elizabeth Vroom & Alexandre Méjat