Thank You for Supporting Rare Disease Day 2012!
Rare Disease Day 2012 was an undeniable success.
We have hit a new mark!
- 63 participating countries joined in! 33 European countries and 7 newcomers from: Chile, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Pakistan, United Arab Emirates, and Venezuela
- Thousands of patient groups and their partners organised all kinds of awareness events. Check out the events organised by country
- Almost 400 individuals and organisations signed up as Friends of Rare Disease Day
- 89,000 unique visits to rarediseaseday.org in the two months leading to the Day (double from last year)
- The official Rare Disease Day video was produced in 12 languages and received over 100,000 views
- Our Facebook community grew significantly this year jumping to 13,400 likes
- More than 3000 people followed the Campaign on Twitter
- The Tell your Story feature allowing visitors to upload their photo stories has been a great success - almost 500,000 views, yes half a million since we started this feature 4 years ago
- 88 new videos on Rare Disease Day’s YouTube Channel. View our video gallery
- Thousands of people responded to our call to ‘Join hands around the world for rare diseases’ – View the photos
- 7 National Rare Disease Alliances joined & raised hands at 12 GMT on Feb 29
- 120 people attended the Rare Disease Day European Symposium in Brussels. Watch the high-level speeches and presentations
- Research was on the spotlight with the official launch of the French Foundation for Rare Diseases and of the Genetic Testing Registry by the National Institutes of Health in the USA
- The Day created momentum towards the adoption of National Rare Disease Plans in 15 European countries
…just to mention a few!
More detailed highlights of the 2012 campaign on rarediseaseday.org
Planning for Rare Disease Day 2013 has already started! Let us know if you have any ideas at email@example.com
Updates? Sign up to the Rare Disease Day mailing list on rarediseaseday.org